Is anybody going to take a serious look at the problem that I previously reported with Apache->print()'s handling of UTF-8 data in Perl 5.8?

The patch that I sent (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=105912130001046&w=2) seems to fix it for me on Windows as long as I've got perl #20203 incorporated. Does it work on other platforms?

The #ifdef version-checks need a little work: on Windows (and other platforms [-- which ones?] that rely on Perl's makedef.pl to get symbols exported from the Perl library) you need perl-5.8.1; on other platforms the test for perl-5.8.0 should be fine. The brokenness of Apache->print() under perl-5.8.0 on Windows et al would also need documenting somewhere since it can't be fixed properly.

Maybe it's just easier to change the version-checks to 5.8.1 for all platforms, and document the broken behaviour under 5.8.0?

Steve