Stas Bekman wrote:

Steve Hay wrote:

Is anybody going to take a serious look at the problem that I previously reported with Apache->print()'s handling of UTF-8 data in Perl 5.8?

Steve,

At the moment I'm busy fixing things for p5.8.1 for which mod_perl 2.0 is one of the showstoppers and Jarkko really wants to release 5.8.1 now.

Is there a problem with mod_perl 1.28 under the forthcoming perl 5.8.1 as well? I just tried out Jarkko's latest release (http://www.iki.fi/jhi/[EMAIL PROTECTED]), and I found that mod_perl 1.28 doesn't work with it. (And that's without my patch -- just a plain mp1.28 straight out of the box.)

It built OK (after I installed various prerequisites -- HTML-Tagset, HTML-Parser, libwin32, LWP, URI), but the test suite doesn't run at all.

Manually running "C:\apache\apache.exe -f C:\Temp\mod_perl-1.28\t\conf\httpd.conf -t" just causes Windows to throw up an Application Error window.

Once finished (should be soon) I will take care of all the outstanding issues, and there are quite a few. I apologize for not following up on those.

No problem. Just wanted to check that it hadn't been forgotten.

Steve