I'm trying to write for a file from a mod_perl script.  I can write
successfully to a file located in /tmp, but I cannot write to
the dir containing the script, nor to the apache logs dir.  How can
this be accomplished?  Is there a setting in httpd.conf that I
need to specify?  Is it a file permissions problem?  I don't want to
make the script dir world read/writable.  Would the Apache::Log
interface allow me to write to my own file?  My code looks something
like the following:

open(LOG, ">>/usr/local/apache/htdocs/aws/perl/rod.log") || print
"script.pl: Can't write to log file.";
print LOG "hello\n";
close LOG

I'm running mod_perl 1.27 and Apache 1.3.27 on Mandrake Linux.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Rod Brick