Hello,

I'm fairly new at mod_perl, and trying to get a large number of existing Perl CGI scripts to run on it. I have started by trying to start the server with a minimal startup.pl file that just loads one of my custom modules (in addition to the ones that were suggested in the mod_perl configuration docs). I get this error:

[Fri Aug 01 13:49:05 2003] [error] Global $r object is not available. Set:
        PerlOptions +GlobalRequest
in httpd.conf at D:/Perl/lib/CGI.pm line 269.
Compilation failed in require at D:/htdocs/startup.pl line 32.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at D:/htdocs/startup.pl line 32.

[Fri Aug 01 13:49:05 2003] [error] Can't load Perl file: D:/htdocs/startup.pl for
server bob.bob.com:80, exiting...

(of course, startup.pl line 32 is the line where I use() my own module)

This setting is enabled by default for sections configured as:
  <Location ...>
      SetHandler perl-script
  </Location>
Which is my case. And even if I add +GlobalRequest to the PerlOptions line in my mod_perl Location section, I get the same error. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

J-S

Jean-Sébastien Guay                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Software Developer, Hybride         http://www.hybride.com
Piedmont, Québec, Canada