Hi everybody,
I have a simple script that uses POP3Client to
retrieve emails. It turns out that I can run this
script only once, or more if all the subsequent
requests are to the same script. That is say, my
script's name is A, and I execute the same script 20
times subsequently there is no problem. But if I
execute B after A, and then execute A again, then I
have a problem and the problem is that there is a
socket error. This happens only on Windows machines. I
learnt that this is a common problem and that it is
because of threads. Making number of threads on apache
1 solves the problem, but then a refresh is extremely
slow, cause it seems KeepAlive makes the thread stop
responding to the refresh until keep alive times out.

Ok, here is the real question. Should I move to 5.8
and if I should, what are the general issues that I
have to be careful about. One more thing is that, can
I run perl 5.8 with mod_perl 1.0? Is that possible, or
do I also have to move to mod_perl 2 and apache 2?

Thanks