Martin Wickman wrote:
Stas Bekman wrote:

Geoffrey Young wrote:

Martin Wickman wrote:

According to docs[1], $r->rflush() should create a new brigade
with data. It does not.

I've seen this also, but was never able to isolate a cause.

rflush() works fine, it's possible that the issue with the streaming filter or some other upstream filter that ignores the flush buckets.

I doubt that, no other external filter is in use.

Are you using the latest mod_perl 2.0?

Nope. I am using 1.99_07. (Btw, that information _was_ included in my
report, but you trimmed it away:)

oops, sorry. Can you try with the latest cvs?

This is with:
Apache/2.0.47 (Debian GNU/Linux) mod_perl/1.99_07-dev Perl/v5.8.0

It's much appreciated when bug reports are written using the
following guidelines:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Reporting_Problems

Pardon me, but I do believe I supplied enough and accurate information
-- including relevant, trimmed code snippets and excerpts from apache
logs in my report.

Except from the fact that I did not build mod_perl myself, I can't
really see what I missed to include?

Your particular problem report was fine, what you have missed is the output of t/REPORT which tells us things about your environment. I can't see it here
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=105968263417468&w=2

Martin, please check the mod_perl 2.0 test suite, it has plenty of examples where it used exactly for the reason you've described.

Ok, thanks I'll check it out.

I'm guessing that my mod_perl is too old, I like to stay with the
prebuilt packages (debian) if possible. But if needed, I'll build the
latest version and test it.

Just thought that someone would know, thats all.

Sure, we just need to know your build env so we can try to reproduce the problem with a similar one.

In any case, have you tried using the snooping filter I was talking about in my previous reply? It shows you exactly what's going on inside.