Bruce Tennant wrote:
I'm trying to do some development work with mod_perl and find
restarting the server a pain.  So I setup Apache::Reload, but it
doesn't seem to want to see my local devel directory all the time.

Here's my settings
Apache/2.0.40
mod_perl-1.99_7

please upgrade to the latest CVS version and try again - 1.99_07 is very old.

Linux 2.4.20-8 (RedHat9 I think)

Here's my perl.conf (sourced by httpd.conf) ----start----------------

PerlSetEnv PERL5LIB /home/bruce/public_html/ffball/myff

Here's the problem. It seems that the reload module is finding the local modules okay as it shows up in the error_log as checking the mtime. But when they do change, it dies when it tries to reload them and says they aren't in the @INC path.

ok. can you show us @INC before and after the reload attempt? I'm curious as to whether PERL5LIB is being properly added to @INC for the request time interpreters.

also, does it fail if you reload modules that are not in @INC? for instance, try touching CGI.pm or something in your site_lib and watch the debug messages.

So it's like it is half working.

Has anyone ! else seen this problem and have a possible fix?

we'll find a fix if we can isolate and reproduce the problem, don't worry :)

--Geoff