On Thursday 14 August 2003 8:06 am, Joelle Nebbe wrote:
> What i do is store both the remote IP and the user agent HTTP parameters in
> the session when the session is created. Whenever a new request comes in
> with that session I check that those havent changed.

So, you don't care about AOL users then?  They can change IPs on every request
as they get routed between proxies.

> I also check referrer to make sure people are coming from a page that makes
> sense.

Not much of a barrier to anyone who cares enough to bother coding up a
cross-site scripting attack.

> If you need even better security there's ssl, or storing unique,
> random'challenge-response' style tokens into pages that have to be sent
> back on the next connection

That's an idea.  You could try making every cookie good for only one use, and
send a new one out every time.

Ultimately though, I think the answer is that sites with sensitive information
can't leave themselves open to CSS attacks.

- Perrin