Thomas Klausner wrote:
Hi!

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 04:37:45 -0500, Slava Bizyayev wrote:

It's not quite the truth...
You can do all that staff on Apache 1.3 with appropriate skills. See LWP
for example.

If you mean to grab the output of e.g. mod_autoindex by issueing a sperate
request using LWP, that's definitly possible. But I would classify this as a
"hack" and not as a proper way to implement a feature.

and it's perl - as you had said, if you stay within perl's boundaries, much more is possible :)

Or /is/ there a clean way to properly filter output from different response handlers with Apache 1.3? I'd realy like to hear about it...

mod_gzip apparently does this, though I've never evaluated the code or how they do it.

http://www.schroepl.net/projekte/mod_gzip/

which is why I generally say "filtering content is impossible in 1.3 (well, really, really hard)"

--Geoff