On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 11:41, Perrin Harkins wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 10:34, K Old wrote:
> > What's happening is that with "use Apache::DBI" uncommented in either
> > the httpd.conf or startup.pl Apache does not start.
>
> Do you have something in your code that connects to a database during
> startup?  That could be a problem.  Also, what's the point of "use vars
> qw($dbh %session);" in your startup.pl?  Do you actually know what
> package these are being declared in?  Probably not one that you will be
> using later in your scripts.
>
> - Perrin

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to post the solution I ran across so that others have a
resource (and when I forget again, I'll have somewhere to look ;)

My problem was that I was not declaring "PerlModule Apache::DBI" in
httpd.conf BEFORE my "PerlRequire /etc/httpd/conf/startup.pl".  Also, I
was doing a "use Apache::DBI" in my startup.pl file, which I shouldn't
have done.

Hope this helps someone,
Kevin
--