I've read the documentation several times and searched the web, but can't find an answer to my problem. I can't get a mod_perl.so. I used several different configure combinations from what I had read in the documentation. What I am using right now is:
perl Makefile.PL PREP_HTTPD=1 EVERYTHING=1

I then run make. I don't get any errors. I also don't have a mod_perl.so anywhere on my system. I tried the "make install" as one forum said that it is created when you do the make install. This wasn't the case for me. I still don't have a mod_perl.so. There are no errors anywhere.

I'm using mod_perl 1.28 source. I'm running Apache 1.3.26 on Linux 2.4.18 (Slackware 8).

I really appreciate any help anybody can give me.

Thanks!

Rich