Stas Bekman wrote:

speeves wrote:

Stas Bekman wrote:

Thanks that did it.

Great.

It would be nice though if the minimum rev level of the CGI.pm could be
mentioned in the doc.
Or maybe it is there somewhere and I skimmed over it.

It's a a CGI.pm problem, really. We can't go and support all possible modules that may or may not run under mod_perl 2.0. However we do have this section:
http://perl.apache.org/products/apache-modules.html#Porting_CPAN_modules_to_mod_perl_2_0_Status

We probably should specify the version number of each of these modules. Can somebody please lookup those modules and send me a patch with the version number which starts to support mod_perl 2.0?

No need for Apache::Peek, CGI and CGI::Cookie since I know these versions already.

I'm CC'ing Shannon, since he has ported most of the auth modules.

Sorry, I wasn't following the thread, so don't know what the patch is for. :( But, here is a listing of the version numbers for the auth mods that are stable, and work with mod_perl2:

Apache-AuthenNIS-0.11
Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.04
Apache-AuthenPasswd-0.12
Apache-AuthenSmb-0.70
Apache-AuthExpire-0.38
Apache-AuthNetLDAP-0.25
Apache-AuthPerLDAP-2.01
Apache-AuthzNetLDAP-0.07
Apache-AuthzNIS-0.11
Apache-AuthzPasswd-0.11

Thanks, speeves

So these are the versions required to run properly with mod_perl 2.0? Here is an updated table:

  Module Name                 Required Dist Package
  Apache::AuthExpire         Apache-AuthExpire-0.38
  Apache::AuthNetLDAP        Apache-AuthNetLDAP-0.25
  Apache::AuthPerLDAP        Apache-AuthPerLDAP-2.01
  Apache::AuthenNIS          Apache-AuthenNIS-0.11
  Apache::AuthenPasswd       Apache-AuthenPasswd-0.12
  Apache::AuthenSmb          Apache-AuthenSmb-0.70
  Apache::AuthzNIS           Apache-AuthzNIS-0.11
  Apache::AuthzNetLDAP       Apache-AuthzNetLDAP-0.07
  Apache::AuthzPasswd        Apache-AuthzPasswd-0.11
  Apache::Clean              Apache-Clean-2.00_4 (not released)
  Apache::Peek               Apache-Peek-1.01
  CGI                        CGI.pm-2.93
  CGI::Cookie                CGI.pm-2.93 (comes in the CGI dist)

I can't see Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.04 being ported yet, though. Here is the list of modules that are being in progress of being ported:

Hi!

Apache-AuthenNTLM-2.04 is indeed ported, I guess I just didn't make a formal announcement. People can download it from the CPAN site under my name.

speeves
cws