Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
Stas Wrote:

>I believe it's not the problem Bart was talking about. You are most likely talking about Apache->request failing, which is how it should be if the GlobalRequest option is not set. > >Bart's problem was finding the request method.

If you'll read carefully, you'll see that I'm talking about mod_perl 1.x not mod_perl 2.
Otherwise, I would completely agree. The _exact_ same code _does_ work under mod_perl2.

Ah, sorry, so what exact problem you are talking about? Can you post a link to the HTML version of the relevant section in the guide, I'm not sure what 5.17 is?

I also see that the problem Bart was referring to was fixed in 2.93

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

I'll disagree on this being a windows only problem in CGI. I'll also disagree about the version number.

As late as CGI 3.00 this problem exists in Apache 1.3.27 and mod_perl 1.27 on SunOS.

The pdf troubleshooting doc on apache.org site suggest fix (I think its 5.17) also does _not_ work either

a temp work around I've come up with is

eval {
 $query = CGI->new();
};