> Is there a, or are there initiatives to keep an 'accurate' document
> repository?

The field of knowledge is too broad for any one person to maintain,
especially since the main people who maintain the site docs are quite busy
building mod_perl 2.  This is why we count on individuals stepping up and
sending in corrections to outdated things they find in the docs.
> I personally like perl.apache.org as a starting point, but
> it is quite restricted to mod_perl and mod_perl alone. (This is not
> meant as a rude remark!). Should and could this be broader containing
> links to interesting articles on 'well known subjects'?

There are quite a few links to other sources on perl.apache.org.  My basic
rule of thumb is to start with the most specific source of documentation.
In your case, since you are trying to use Mason, you should look on the
Mason site.  There you would have found a note that the article you read
is outdated, and a link to the current
docs:http://masonhq.com/user/adpacifico/ApacheSessionMason.html

> PS: Apache::Session::DBI might be ancient, when I did some research for
> this mail I stumbled upon
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/snippets.html#An_example_of_using_Apac>
> he__Session__DBI_with_cookies. Perhaps it is a good beginning to try to
> keep/get outdated and ancient stuff from Our Main Source of
> Information?

Yes, it would definitely be good to update or remove that snippet.  A
patch would certainly be appreciated.
- Perrin