On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Steve Hay wrote:

> PS.  Randy: How do you that stacktrace output that you've
> posted?  Is that using MSVC++, or something else?

Hi Steve,
  I'm using MSVC++ ... When a problem like this occurs,
an offer is made to call up the VC++ debugger, where
the trace is then done.
  In order to get a more useful trace (with symbol
information), I compiled Perl using some patches to
perl-5.8.x/win32/Makefile that ActiveState introduced
(http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Downloads/ActivePerl/Source).
This patch enables debug symbols in release builds, and
involves using '-Zi' in $(OPTIMIZE) and '-debug
-opt:ref,icf' for $(LINK_DBG). With this, one gets .pdb
files corresponding to compiled libraries, which hold the
symbol information (I had to manually copy perl58.pdb
[corresponding to perl58.dll] to C:\Perl\bin). The
Apache/2.0.47 sources have this also enabled for the release
build, by default, and building mod_perl as 'perl
Makefile.PL ... MP_DEBUG=1' will enable them in mod_perl as
well.

--
best regards,
randy