On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 13:36, Stas Bekman wrote:
> But be careful with it. If you use the threaded mpm, it's all cool. If you use
> prefork it'll create 2 perl interpreters and more inside each httpd process
> gobbling up a lot of RAM, something that you don't want to do in production.
> It's OK for dev though.

I wonder if we need something similar to Apache::PerlVINC for mp2 in
prefork mode.

> Notice that the "correct" solution for any mod_perl and perl in general is to
> always prefix your module packages with a unique name of a specific project,
> like so App1::vConfig, App2::VConfig, etc.

Another approach that I would use for this sort of config file situation
is to have one module that looks at the current vhost and returns
different data accordingly.  The actual data could go in a non-Perl
config file in AppConfig format or similar.

- Perrin