Hi,

I am building mod_perl using the following:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> perl Makefile.PL \
?         APACHE_SRC=../$apache/src \
?         NO_HTTPD=1 \
?         USE_APACI=1 \
?         PREP_HTTPD=1 \
?         EVERYTHING=1
Will configure via APACI
Configure mod_perl with ../apache_1.3.29/src ? [y]

Why am I being asked "Configure mod_perl with..."? It seems that since I specified both APACHE_SRC and NO_HTTPD I should not be prompted for more information. I read the documention on these options over an over and I can't figure out why I am getting this prompt.

The documentation says this:

PREP_HTTPD=1 just means default 'n' to the latter prompt, meaning: Do not build (make) httpd in the Apache source tree. But it will still ask you about Apache's source location even if you have used the APACHE_SRC parameter. Providing the APACHE_SRC parameter will just eliminate the need for perl Makefile.PL to make a guess.

To avoid the two prompts:

  Configure mod_perl with ../apache_1.3.xx/src ?
  Shall I build httpd in ../apache_1.3.xx/src for you?

and avoid building httpd, use:

  NO_HTTPD=1
--
Wes Barris