Wes Barris wrote:
Ged Haywood wrote:

Hello again,

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003, Wes Barris wrote:

To avoid the two prompts: <------ This is what I am trying to do.

And this is my reply to your original question of November 17. :( I received no response. )

Why not try using a makepl_args.mod_perl file?

Because it does nothing to resolve this problem?

Did you read INSTALL - around line 48?

Sigh.  I have.  But that line does not apply because I do not want to build
httpd (yet).

If you re-read my earlier question, you will see that I am trying
to script an unattended build of apache with a number of modules
of which mod_perl is only one.

The documentation that you alluded to says this:

To avoid this prompt and default to the first apache source tree found
to configure and build against, use the following command:

perl Makefile.PL DO_HTTPD=1 <---- I don't want to build httpd (yet)

To avoid the prompts and avoid building httpd, use the following
command:

perl Makefile.PL NO_HTTPD=1 <---- This is what I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wes, I think Ged gave you the correct reply in his very first reply here: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-modperl&m=106914476724655&w=2

I don't know why you've missed it, but then both of you forgot about the real problem and lost your way. Here is a quote from the the above URL:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003, Wes Barris wrote:

> I am building mod_perl using the following:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> perl Makefile.PL \
> ?         APACHE_SRC=../$apache/src \

What's "$apache"?  And are all those question marks just a figment
of my mail client's imagination?

I think your mistake is in using $apache, unless you have a shell variable which sets $apache, but you never showed us that you had one. So we think it gets interpolated as '' so essentially you did:

perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=..//src ...

So mod_perl can't find it and prompts you. Please check that $apache thing, e.g. try the hardcoded value first and see whether it works:

perl Makefile.PL APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.29/src

__________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com