On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 02:12, Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:
> Basically, adding these lines to my perl script made it all better:
>
>    my $r = Apache->request;
>    $r->content_type('text/html');
>    $r->no_cache(1);

Good.  Don't forget, you can look at the source.  Apache::Filter is
pretty short, and if you look at it you'll see that it calls
$r->send_http_header() at the end.  Unfortunately, I think this means
that it doesn't work with CGI.pm, since send_http_header() doesn't know
what CGI.pm set the content-type to.

> The only other question that I'm left with now is why I get these lines
> in my error log regularly:
>
>    Subroutine Apache::send_http_header redefined at
> /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/RegistryFilter.pm line 48, <GEN0> line 1.
>    Subroutine Apache::send_cgi_header redefined at
> /usr/local/perl/lib/site_perl/5.8.0/Apache/RegistryFilter.pm line 49, <GEN0> line 1.

Apache::RegistryFilter temporarily overrides those methods in your
script.  If you don't use those methods anyway, you could comment out
that section of Apache::RegistryFilter, or stick with your 'no warnings'
solution.

- Perrin