Hello there,

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Miha Lampret wrote:

> I installed Apache 2.0.47 with php5 and mod_perl 1.99.11 on RH 7.2. Both php
> and mod_perl are compiled as so modules. When I access some script I got
> segmentation falut.

:(

> I tryied to find out which line is problematic but it
> happens everytime at the different line.

You mean a line in your Perl script?  That probably won't help.
There's a form for reporting faults, see

http://perl.apache.org/bugs/index.html

> I have similar machine and configuration works well.

You mean the same exact configuration?

> I even copied binaries and I got the same problem.

In general it's not a good idea.  Which binaries did you copy?

> the same script works well on the other server where I already have
> Apache2 and mp2.  What do you suggest.

Tell us more about the two installations.  Use the information in the
mod_perl site which tells you how to report problems.

> Can I compile mod_perl 2 statically.

No, not yet I'm afraid.  It doesn't work.

> I read somewhere that having both php and mod_perl as so modules may
> cause souch problems..

I have seen people say that PHP can cause such problems, but I have no
experience of that.  I believe that there are many people who use both
PHP and mod_perl without problems.

> Should I reinstall perl. Currently I have perl 5.6.1 that came with RH

No.

> I don't want to install apache 1.3.x because I am doing some major
> site update and would like to keep configuration for one year at least

I don't understand.  You can install 1.3 and run it for years.

73,
Ged.