----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Dunn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: mod_perl caching/delay

> Thanks. I thought I had fixed the problem this morning by passing around
the
> variables correctly so there was no mistaking which ones were being used
but
> I'm getting different problems now on another page.
>
> For some reason when I refresh one of the pages I can get one of maybe
three
> or four different errors. Sometimes relating to objects not existing, or
the
> db connection isnt working, or methods not working. Then on some occasions
> it works.
>
> Its odd, but as soon as I disable mod_perl and use regular CGI it works
fine.

> Someone told me that Ensim ships a broken version of mod_perl and I'm
really
> starting to believe it..
>
> Thanks again,

This sounds to me like the kinds of problem we had migrating to mod_perl. It
sounds like a global variable problem, we had the same kind of issues - 90%
of the time the app seemed to be behaving, but it really wasn't. We ended up
refactoring a little code to remove all globals, and that fixed it.

hope that helps

Simon