Thanks to all who responded; it looks like I may have misled myself about
what Apache::Test will let me do. I do however have another problem now --
when I 'perl Makefile.PL' for Apache::Test, it warns that it will remove
/usr/lib/perl5/Apache/test.pm during the install. This is despite the fact
that I would be installing into site install dirs (/usr/local). Since the
stuff in /usr/lib/perl5 is managed by the vendor packaging system (in this
case I'm running Debian Woody, hence mod_perl 1.27), I'm extremely reluctant
to allow it to proceed and remove that file (such interaction is usually Bad,
in my experience).

Any top tips?

Cheers,

Nick -- Nick Phillips / +64 3 479 4195 / [EMAIL PROTECTED] # these statements are my own, not those of the University of Otago