At 01:22 +0000 1/9/04, Simon Clewer wrote:
We are simply running out of memory, which is sad because we are nowhere
near running out of processor and it grieves me to simply use a bigger
server when it seems that smarter could solve the problem. Other than that
things are working very nicely and the site serves quickly and reliably -
see at www.superquote.com ( despite the warnings that ithreads is not yet
safe for commercial use ).

You might want to have a look at my forks.pm module if you have CPU to spare and wouldn't suffer from extra latency in communication between threads. And you wouldn't need a threaded Perl, which would save you some % of CPU usage.

Liz