On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 11:16, Mike NoLast wrote:
> Thanks. As noted before, that means a major upgrade to
> several components (apache, arp, mod_perl, and so on).
> I guess I can get those components from Fedora and
> give it a whirl.

You need to understand that mod_perl 2 is still undergoing significant
development, so using it means you need to keep up.  People don't want
to try and fix compile bugs for you on a 6-month old version of
something that has had lots of bug fixes since then.  If you want a
stable mod_perl branch that doesn't need to be tracked as carefully you
would be better off with the 1.x branch.

> Seems like a lot of upgrading just to
> go from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1, but I guess a lot of bug fixes
> and enhancements were added.

There were a few.  The one that mattered the most to me is that the
locale issues are fixed so that you don't have to reset your locale on
Red Hat 9 anymore.  But really, if it was working for you, you don't
need to upgrade.

- Perrin