On Tue, 2004-01-27 at 11:24, Perrin Harkins wrote:

> > Seems like a lot of upgrading just to
> > go from 5.8.0 to 5.8.1, but I guess a lot of bug fixes
> > and enhancements were added.
>
> There were a few.  The one that mattered the most to me is that the
> locale issues are fixed so that you don't have to reset your locale on
> Red Hat 9 anymore.  But really, if it was working for you, you don't
> need to upgrade.

But while 5.8.0 compiles clean (after a LANG=;export LANG), trying to
get 5.8.1, 5.8.2 and 5.8.3 to compile on Red Hat 9 (gcc 3.2.2-5 and
glibc 2.3.2-27.9.7) with:
sh Configure -de
make
make test

fails on test 17 at lib/Time/Local

The problems seem to have to do with my PCs havint PET (Lima, Peru time)
timezone, and have thus far precluded my upgrading perl.

Rafael