-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Shannon Eric Peevey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Gesendet: Montag, 9. Februar 2004 11:21
An: Bippes, Arne
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Betreff: Re: AW: Post Request - content-length = 0 with IE

>More detailled explanation: I'm having dramatic performance Problems
>using AuthenNTLM (many Seconds to answear a request),

Have you checked out the number of connections to the smb server?  This
seems to be a problem across the board for auth modules.  The answer
would be to check out:

http://search.cpan.org/~cgilmore/Apache-AuthenCache-1.00/AuthenCache.pm

This module caches the auth information, so your connections to the smb
server are limited.

> so I'm writing another
>PerlAuthenHandler which looks for a Cookie and checks permission.

Have you checked out:

http://search.cpan.org/~llap/Apache-AuthCookieNTLM-0.06/lib/Apache/AuthCooki
eNTLM.pm

Leo Lapworth has already written a module that does exactly what you
want (it seems).
---------------

Hi List,

Yes AuthCookieNTLM actually does the same, except that I'm checking a
special Cookie which is set by the application. (but this is not a must, so
it would work)
BUT!!! ... Same problem with this Module. No Post Information in IE,
everything fine in Mozilla. (to bad that IE is company-standard ...)

Any Ideas?

I'll try out AuthenCache since my main purpose was to speed up performance.
Maybe it does its job.

Thanks, for this quick response

Greetings
Arne