Hello,

I am writing this here because when I googled about this problem, Stas
had found this bug as well and highlighted it's particularly bad side
effects in persistent mp apps.  I realize that it's a really a perl
problem.

I operate an application that serves about 15mil mp2 generated pages per
day using the worker mpm.

After upgrading to perl 5.8.1 from 5.8.0 during a distribution upgrade,
I noticed a steady memory leak that eventually leads to the server
failing.

Stas found a similar problem and isolated it to the s/// operator.  I
have followed the debugging method that he did and yes, this seems to be
the culprit of our issues as well.

My question is, for a persistent mp2 app, is there a potential way to
workaround?

I don't quite follow how perl maintainers track bugs but found the
following bug id's for blead perl #21868 and #21920 for maint.  Here is
a URL with most of the thread on p5p:

Thanks!

--
Richard F. Rebel