Kevin Bosak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Thanks for the advice.
> I checked and $upload->link does indeed return false.  I'm guessing
> it's because of something with TEMP_DIR you said, but my lack of
> knowledge is keeping me from getting this resolved.  How do I
> determine what TEMP_DIR has been set to?

At the moment, grepping Mason's source files for TEMP_DIR or TMPDIR is
probably the only solution.  I don't think the current Apache::Request
for mp2 exposes enough of the C API to be of any help to you.

> I'm using Mason with ApacheHandler2 that I believe sets up the
> Apache::Request object but I'm still a little unclear on how
> everything fits together.  I could definitely use another "nudge" in
> the right direction.

If you're using glibc, the sledgehammer approach is to have the
sysadmin set/export the TMPDIR environment variable prior to server
startup, ie.

  % TMPDIR=/path/to/my/tmpdir apachectl restart

This will override any TEMP_DIR settings coming from calls to
Apache::Request::new().

btw- I'm planning to $upload->link so that it will handle the
cross-device situation more gracefully (by making a full copy
of the tempfile should the internal PerlLIO_link fail).

--
Joe Schaefer