Hi Scott -

> when I connect with Internet Explorer (6, on XP) I don't seem to be
> getting the Set-Cookie headers (I've turned on "prompt" for cookies, and
> deleted the entire list of "allowed" sites).  Other headers, like the
> Location header, seem to be fine.

For certain security settings, IE 6 uses site privacy policy information
to decide whether to accept incoming cookies or not.  I've been bitten by
this before - it just silently discards the cookies and you have no idea
what's going on.  You may need to output an additional P3P header that
describes your site's privacy policies to coerce IE 6 into accepting your
cookie headers.  Google for P3P and you should be able to find enough
info.

HTH,
Larry Leszczynski