Hello,

Due to about 200,000 lines of legacy mod_perl code that is written for
MP1 and Apache::Request, In order to migrate to mod_perl2 app by app, we
have set up a reverse proxy on the same machines.

All mp2 apps run on the main ap2+mp2, any request for a legacy app is
proxied to localhost on port 8080 which is listened to by ap1+mp1.

This seems to be working just fine, except I notice that keepalives are
being kept between the two apache servers.

My question is, should this be the case?  We have keepalives disabled on
the externally accessible ap2+mp2 intentionally.  Is there any benefit
or detriment for using them between the two apaches?  I would think that
keepalives should be off so that the ap1 instances can be freed to
service another request while the reverse proxy is busy feeding slower
clients.

Thanks,

Richard

--