Charlie Smith wrote:
Very funny. You guys are ganging up on me. What ever the count is, I get the point.

Don't take it personal. I doubt it was intended directly at you, although I can understand if you thought it was. If you follow this list regularly, you will notice that very few users follow the guidelines for posting questions on the list (http://perl.apache.org/bugs/). Sometimes it is new users not knowing what to do (understandable), and other times it is people not willing to put the time in to do a little experimenting and filing a proper report (not really acceptable).

Stas and Geoffrey spend a tonne of their time answering questions on this list, and if people spent a little bit more time defining their own problems when posting, it would save Stas, Geoffrey and everyone else who commonly answers questions here a lot of time.

Most questions if properly filed can usually be answered very quickly. Instead we regularly see three or four responses asking for more info before the right piece of info is presented and the answer is given. More often than not, by working through the bugs page, the user ends up solving their own problem.

So please don't take this as an attack on you, and don't let it stop you from posting on this list. Just look through the archives to see how responsive this list really is, and how many people do actually get the answers they are looking for. Stas and Geoffrey are really just making jokes out of frustration, and trying to make light of a situation that they just have not been able to change (admittedly at your expense)

Cheers,

Cees

Geoffrey Young wrote:
>>It should be there. If it's not, then we need to be able to reproduce it
>>and you need to help us to do that.
>

> I just tested with the skeleton and saw $ENV{MOD_PERL} right away.
>

>>May be after
>>it'll be repeated 10,000 times on this list people will remember to
>>actually do so ;)
>

>>Even better, submit a selfcontained bug report as Geoff suggested:
>>http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
>

> that makes 3 times for the skeleton in this "thread", so about 9,437 times
> for the bug report and 9,997 times for the skeleton left

You forget that http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ links to
http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz

So it makes 9,996 times for the skeleton left. But
http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
is repeated twice (and one more time) in this email, and there is one more
link to http://perl.apache.org/bugs/. <http://perl.apache.org/bugs/>

So the current count is:

9,989  http://perl.apache.org/~geoff/bug-reporting-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
9,434  http://perl.apache.org/bugs/