Stas Bekman wrote:

Lincoln might be not very happy to add yet another special case (though you should ask him of course). Perhaps the easier transparent solution is to have Apache::ASP override $r->read()? After all CGI.pm is probably not the only module that will have this problem under A-ASP.

Also check what happens to Apache::ASP with Apache::Request 2, which also consumes the input body. Sounds like the two modules might be unhappy with each other.

I did this hack for Apache::ASP so that people could more easily port CGI script by just wrapping <% %> around them. Since Apache::ASP calls read() and consumes the input, I don't see how I could get it to work with Apache::Request, but I am not sure it is something developer.

One work around for those having problems with CGI might be to use
this API instead:

$query = new CGI(\*STDIN);

Scott, does this work for your situation?  Can you get the Apache::ASP
examples to work with this change on your installation?

Regards,

Josh
Josh Chamas, Founder    | NodeWorks - http://www.nodeworks.com
Chamas Enterprises Inc. | NodeWorks Directory - http://dir.nodeworks.com