MJH wrote:
On Tuesday 13 April 2004 8:22 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:

Anything else I can try?

Second, please package this bug reproducing code into the bug reporting skeleton, linked from: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/help/help.html#Problem_Description test that you have the problem with and post it here.

I spent the morning trying to get it to work under the skeleton and failed. I'm not sure what's different about Apache::Test than the actual server. However, in trying to work that out (by incrementally stripping the actual server's config down to nothing), I did discover that removing "use Devel::Profiler::Apache" from my startup script made the problem vanish. Including it under the test skeleton, (along with the entirety of the rest of my config except the mod_ssl section, which I couldn't get to work) does not reproduce the problem however).

I haven't found anything specific about that module that might cause this symptom, but at least it's localised. I'll investigate further when I get chance.

At least you've found the cause of the problem, while minimizing your config, which as you can see we would have never discovered, just based on your test code. We always need both.