<...>

>> > The 'perl Makefile.PL' statement ran properly without errors on Linux
>> > 2.6.3 but on Darwin 7.0.3 building the Makefile generated the
>> following
>> > error.  This occurs with the latest releases as well as cvs tips of
>> > apreq2 and mp2.  Perl 5.8.3 and httpd-2.0.49 were used.
>> >
>> > Checking if your kit is complete...
>> > Looks good
>> > dyld: perl Undefined symbols:
>> > /Users/fredmoyer/dev/perl-5.8.3/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/darwin-2level/auto/
>> > APR/Table/Table.bundle undefined reference to _modperl_hash_tie
>> > expected to be defined in a dynamic image
>> > /Users/fredmoyer/dev/perl-5.8.3/lib/site_perl/5.8.3/darwin-2level/auto/
>> > APR/Table/Table.bundle undefined reference to
>> _modperl_hash_tied_object
>> > expected to be defined in a dynamic image
>> > Trace/BPT trap
>>
>> It shouldn't try to load APR::Table unless mod_perl is loaded and
>> running.
>> Where is it getting loaded from?
>
> Hi Stas and Fred -
>
> I am befuddled. Fred says this happended 'building the make file'
> which I take to mean running Makefile.PL (is that what you mean Fred?)
> The 'Makefile.PL' is pretty standard:
>
> use 5.008;
> use ExtUtils::MakeMaker;
use Apache2 ();
I added use 'Apache2();' right here.  But when I ran a new mod_perl2
configuration without MP_INST_APACHE2 the same error above occurred
(without use Apache2 pragma).  So I think the initial problem of 'use
Apache2 ();' was solved and this was next in line.

I'll try this from fresh checkouts to make sure nothing went awry.  I had
to make some compatibility changes to apreq2 for darwin with regards to
glibtool but other than that no changes to the code.  It's working great
on Linux ;)