On Friday 16 April 2004 08:40 pm, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Beau E. Cox wrote:
> > On Friday 16 April 2004 10:38 am, Stas Bekman wrote:
> >>Fred Moyer wrote:
[snipped]

> >>It shouldn't try to load APR::Table unless mod_perl is loaded and
> >> running. Where is it getting loaded from?
> >
> > Hi Stas and Fred -
> >
> > I am befuddled. Fred says this happended 'building the make file'
> > which I take to mean running Makefile.PL (is that what you mean Fred?)
> > The 'Makefile.PL' is pretty standard:
>
> Beau, I haven't tried your handler so I can't tell. But what I can tell is
> how to reproduce Fred's issue. OSX and a few other platforms runtime
> loaders require resolution of all symbols in a shared library that's about
> to be loaded at the startup. Most other platforms do symbol resolution on
> demand, so you could be unware of an unresolved symbol unless it's used.
> There is a way though to force the symbols resolution at the startup, by
> setting the environment variable RTLD_NOW=1. Not sure why the DynaLoader
> manpage doesn't mention that. It probably should.

Hi -

On my Sorcerer Linux -

Linux version 2.6.5 (Beau E. Cox on @cathy.beaucox.com)
(gcc version 3.3.3) #1 Mon Apr 5 22:15:29 HST 2004

I did this:

$ export RTLD_NOW=1
$ perl Makefile.PL
    MasonX::Apache2Handler is an EXPERIMENTAL BETA RELEASE!
       Please install and use it only on a test system.
    (But it really, really works! The brave-hearted can use
                    it in production.)
                      Aloha => Beau;
Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for MasonX::Apache2Handler
$ set|grep RTLD
RTLD_NOW=1

Everything ok. Can't seem to reproduce your problem, Fred.

Aloha => Beau;