On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 17:35, Garth Webb wrote:
> Maybe I'm not familiar enough with it, but isn't Krang an online
> publishing application that uses one or more mod_perl frameworks, not a
> mod_perl framework itself?

You are correct, it belong on the products page, under "Content
Management Systems":
http://perl.apache.org/products/products.html

> Also, (assuming Krang is not a framework) is it acceptable to
> 'ANNOUNCE:' version releases of applications that use mod_perl on this
> list?  I've seen several mod_perl modules and utilities that announce
> updates (things that as a mod_perl developer, I could use), but Krang is
> the first application for which I've seen announcements.

It is acceptable, and Krang is definitely not the first.  The most
direct comparison would be Bricolage, which regularly announces new
releases here.

> I'm just curious, since there are some mod_perl based projects I'm
> working on that I'd like to give some exposure when they are complete.

Go ahead and announce them.  Building awareness of mod_perl-based
applications is good for all of us.

- Perrin