On Wed, 5 May 2004 20:40:08 +0000
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone succeeded in using the perldb debugger
> within emacs in order to debug apps that use
> mod_perl?
>
> The following works:
>   /usr/sbin/apache-perl -X -D PERLDB
> but then I get the command line debugger.
>
> I know that ptkdb and ddd are other (GUI) options,
> but I would like to use emacs.
>
> Thanks in advance

  Not being an Emacs user, no I haven't tried that.  Doesn't Emacs
  just use the running perl debugger and redisplay it's output?
  Does it do it by pid?  Do you get some kind of error message from
  Emacs?

  I've always just used it in the shell I launched the Apache process
  from. If you get me some more info about the problem you're seeing
  I'll play around with Emacs and see if I can get it to work for you.