please keep responses on list so everyone can benefit from the archives :)

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am exploring this right now.  The problem though is the explosion of
> connections.  we go from 100->600 in about 2 minutes.  We can't
> correlate it to the load, and I can't find anywhere that I am not
> using the same DBInit routine to get a database handle.

your dba should be able to help you figure out if you're connecting under
multiple usernames.

as for the the different DBI strings, are you using a post 5.8.0 perl?  I
have suspected that the random hash foo in 5.8.1 (or whenever it was added,
I forget) would muck up Apache::DBI's caching mechanism.  IIRC, ask said it
wasn't an issue, but I'm not sure if he meant is was never an issue or isn't
an issue in more recent Apache::DBI releases.

ask?

--Geoff