We are having a problem with the oracle sessions running wild.  We
have five web servers that run 6 servers.  once we restart all the web
servers, I check and see that we have 30 sessions.

With the Apache::DBI::ping, we should stay steady at 30 sessions (At
least that is how I understand it), but after a couple of hours, the
processes start to grow exponetially, finally pushing some 400
sessions, we restart.  We have done nothing new in our setup for the
last year, and we can't seem to find a cause for this sudden explosion
of sessions.  Of course the DBA is blaming Apache::DBI, but I can't
find any reason?

These are our settings for the server.

Timeout 300
KeepAlive Off