--- Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please *always* report problems following the
> guidelines:
> http://perl.apache.org/bugs/

This is the first time I've ever set up a web server.
Does the error specified below indicate a bug?

> Grant wrote:
> > Apache2 is running great, but I've been trying to
> set
> > up mod_perl and now I get the following error when
> > running "apache2ctl restart":
> >
> > Syntax error on line 191 of
> > /etc/apache2/conf/apache2.conf:
> >  Cannot load
> /usr/lib/apache-extramodules/libperl.so
> > into server:
> /usr/lib/apache-extramodules/libperl.so:
> > undefined symbol: ap_null_cleanup
> >
> > Any idea what this means?
>
> mp2 has no libperl.so library (unless someone
> renamed it). Please submit a
> proper bug report.

I am using the Gentoo Linux OS which has a command
called emerge (emerge mod_perl) which downloads and
installs a program for you.  There is no mod_perl.so
file on my system, and I am told the file is called
libperl.so .

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=189994

You really think this is a mod_perl bug?

- Grant

P.S. Stas - Sorry about the other message being sent
directly to you.  I didn't look at the "to" field.