On Sun, 27 Jun 2004, Stas Bekman wrote:

> Grant wrote:
> > --- Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >>Please *always* report problems following the
> >>guidelines:
> >>http://perl.apache.org/bugs/
> >
> > This is the first time I've ever set up a web server.
> > Does the error specified below indicate a bug?
>
> We need you to follow the instructions at
> http://perl.apache.org/bugs/ to figure it out.

Also, from your earlier messages, Grant, it would be
important to ensure the mod_perl you're trying to install is
one built for apache2 (gentoo apparently puts apache2 stuff
in /usr/lib/apache2-extramodules, whereas your libperl.so is
in /usr/lib/apache-extramodules, which may be for
apache-1.3). Apache2 and Apache-1.3 aren't compatible.

--
best regards,
randy kobes