Kemin Zhou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> To the Developers,
>
> I saw this in the documentation for Apache::Request
>
> for file upload
>
>        tempname [XXX- Does this mesh with brigade API?]
>
>  Provides the name of the spool file. This method is reserved for
>  debugging purposes, and is possibly subject to change in a future
>  version of Apache::Request.
>
> From a user's point view, this methods has to be available to the
> users and not removed in the future.

[...]

Despite my past grumblings to the contrary, I've added support for tempname
to httpd-apreq-2's current-cvs.  I don't know what sort of security
implications you are concerned about, but perhaps the best thing to do
is simply not use tempname, instead using link() - and then delete the
linked file yourself once the external app is done with it.

--
Joe Schaefer