All,

I've got Apache and ModPerl running on a linux server at school, but I'd
like to give both them a try on a windows machine (XP) at home.

I've read a bit of the documentation on the modperl and apache site and
have discovered all-in-one packages, etc, but I'd still like to ask advice.

I have a couple of books coming in the mail I'd like to go thru, Practical
Mod Perl and Stein's Writing Apache Modules in Perl and C, so I think I'd
like to spend some time with the modperl1 before returning to my studies in
modperl2.

Also, I've got perl version 5.8 from active state loaded on my windows XP
machine. I've also downloaded and installed Komodo 2.5 from active state,
which I think installs a second version of perl. So, if the all-in-one
package is going to install yet a third version of perl, I might not want
to go that way.

Perhaps using active state's ppm utility can install the apache server and
modperl1 for me? Is that possible?

Can folks on this list give me advice on the most efficient route to take?