On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, Goehring, Chuck Mr., RCI - San Diego wrote:

> David,
> You can get a binary for playing on Windows from:
> ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/
> See the .readme files fro details of the file contents
> I think these do not have ssl capabilities

These all-in-one binaries do have ssl capabilities,
actually (with some patented algorithms disabled) - you
can also get them from an Apache mirror at
   http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/perl/win32-bin/
Definitely for mod_perl getting the Perl-5.8-win32-bin.exe
package (with Apache/2.0.x - perl-5.8.x - mod_perl-1.99_xx)
is better, as especially mod_perl has significant
enhancements for Win32 in this version. I'll be making
up a new binary (based on Apache/2.0.50 and perl-5.8.4)
within a week.

As for getting these all-in-one packages vs piecing
it together yourself, if you already have a perl-5.8
(ActivePerl 8xx) on your system, as well as Apache/2.0.x,
then installing mod_perl via ppm would be simpler. The
Win32 section of the mod_perl 2.0 documentation at
http://perl.apache.org/ contains instructions on how
to do this.

--
best regards,