Boris Zentner wrote:
Am Mittwoch 28 Juli 2004 06:36 schrieb Chris Ochs:

We have our own application server built on mod perl and the template
toolkit.  Most of the application specific sql queries all run as a single
user which is great for Apache::DBI.  Every end user also has 3-4 tables
they can query (using the template toolkit DBI plugin) using their own
username, and for I do not want to use Apache::DBI because it results in
too many cached connections.

Other than hacking DBI.pm and adding our own disconnect function which
won't be overriden by Apache::DBI, does anyone know of a better way to have
both cached and non cached connections in the same apache/mod perl process?

# bypass Apache::DBI
$dbh = DBI->connect($data_source, $username, $password, { dbi_connect_method => 'connect' }) || die;

I knew there is such a parameter, but couldn't remember it. So I took a look at Apache::DBI's manpage but this parameter is not mentionned. Have I missed that somewhere or where did you find it? If its not in the man-page it might me good idea to contact the module author and ask :-) him to add this parameter.

Tom

Reclaim Your Inbox! http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird