Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 16:37, Stas Bekman wrote:

IMHO, that should be folded into DBI::Pool

I'm not really interested in tackling pooling, since I don't plan to run
threads.

Support for threads is only partial functionality of DBI::Pool. Otherwise it should be a ground-up rewrite based on the experiences with Apache::DBI and other wrappers so far. Apache::DBI should become just a thin wrapper on top of DBI::Pool, to handle things like connect_on_init.

All that I really want my module to do is extend the
DBI->connect_cached() method by adding the cleanup handler stuff from
Apache::DBI.

Sure, just thought that you are planning to work on yet another Apache::DBI version, so I've suggested to direct the effort into something new that (will) solves it all.