MARTIN Pierre wrote:
Hello all,
I am totally new to mod_perl mailing list so maybe i am not posting in the right place.

You are posting it to the right place, Martin.

I recently installed a debian woody on a pentium based box. I also managed to install
Apache 2 (with php and some others modules) and it works perfectly as i was waiting it
to do :)
I red that apache 2.x was not compatible with mod_perl 1.x, so i downloaded the
2.current. I figured out that in the package it is 1.99. Is it ok?
Now, i am trying to make mod_perl working with this bunch of sacred software, and i
just CANT. The mod_perl version is 1.99_16 and my Apache is 2.0.52.

* Configured:
perl Makefile.PL MP_AP_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache2 MP_INST_APACHE2=1

Compiled:
* make && make install without any problem.

You forgot to run the most important part: make test

* But when i start apache i get this stuff:
Syntax error on line 104 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server:
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so: undefined symbol: PL_localizing

i googled a lot, but in didnt found anything!

If somebody answer this, and if you ask me for information, like nm xxx.so, please
tell me the command line to do cause im not very familar with linux shell.

Please somebody helps me, my native language is french so if somebody try to help me
be clear and speak slowly :)
In advance i thank you all a lot, and anyway!

libc=/lib/libc-2.2.5.so, so=so, useshrplib=true, libperl=libperl.so.5.6.1

Looks like the usual problem of having more than one perl installed the wrong libperl.so getting on the way of the startup (not the one you built modperl with). Please post the output of:

ldd /usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_perl.so

and the location of all libperl.so.* file found on your system.

(you could try using locate(1) to accomplish that task)

locate libperl.so