MARTIN Pierre wrote:
Please do:
cd src/modules/perl/
rm mod_perl.so
make -f Makefile.modperl

Here we go:

/data/misc/mod_perl-1.99_16/src/modules/perl# rm mod_perl.so
/data/misc/mod_perl-1.99_16/src/modules/perl# make -f Makefile.modperl
rm -f mod_perl.so
cc -shared -L/usr/local/lib \
[...]
 -rdynamic  -L/usr/local/lib
/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/auto/D
ynaLoader/DynaLoader.a -L/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/CORE -lperl -ldl -lm -lc -lcryp
t \
-o mod_perl.so
: mod_perl.so

But maybe there was something i didnt understand, "make -f Makefile.modperl"
has to be done in the "root" folder of the sources, or in the
/source_folder/src/modules/perl folder? I dit it in the /src/modules/perl
folder...

You did the right thing.

I think your linker is broken. I say that because it included the linking directives:

  -L/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/CORE -lperl

but the resulting mod_perl.so doesn't show it up. It should have complained if it didn't find it. Try upgrading your linker (cc) and try rebuilding mod_perl again.

Don't worry. I don't think it has anything to do with your level of
expertise in linux. It should just work. Let's just continue :)

Between you and me, my first time on a mailing list, i didn't know it was existing, it is really helpfull.

It certainly is ;)

Just a question, is there a way to access ALL this mailing list archive? For
example, before asking you, is there a way for me to search in it / does
google indexes it?

Here there are:
http://perl.apache.org/maillist/modperl.html#Searchable_Archives
This page is linked from every page at http://perl.apache.org/, which I hope you are familiar with :)

And yes, it's a good idea to peruse the list's archives before asking here, but in your particular case I don't recall this problem reported here before. But do search anyway, in case my memory fails me.