On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 09:03:46 -0700
Jon Forrest <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Maybe others know something that I don't know,
> but I was unable to build mod_perl2 with apache 2
> on either Mandrake 10.0 or Fedora Core 2. I sent
> several bug reports to this list summarizing
> the problems.
>
> Since my goal was to build Request Tracker, and
> their documentation strongly advises against
> mod_perl2, I decided to forget about this for
> now and use mod_perl1 which builds and runs just
> fine on these platforms.

  I just built the current mp2 release on Fedora Core 2 just
  last week without any trouble whatsoever.  It might be worth taking
  another look to see if the problem has been corrected.

  One thing to keep in mind is that sometimes distributions have a
  version of Apache 2 that is too old to be used with the current
  mp2 release.  This would require upgrading Apache to a version newer
  than what the distribution itself offers.