Your quite right about constants in perl - they are a big hack. I could
have used the internals of constant.pm to determine for sure if
something was a constant (see: TECHNICAL NOTES documentation of the
constant man page). However, that doesnt work when using imported
(Exporter) constants because they arent setup using constant.pm, rather
pointers set to the reference of the parent package. So this is the only
way I can think of.

Thanks for your feedback

--
David Radunz,
Developer / Programmer

Netspace Online Systems Pty Ltd
Ground Floor, 293 Camberwell Road
Camberwell, Victoria 3124
Ph:  +613 9811 0087
Fx:  +613 9811 0044
Mo:  +614 0549 9719
Em:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender
immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email
from your system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely
 those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the organisation.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses. The organisation accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus
transmitted by this email.